NPQSL – Future Leaders
The Future Leaders Trust has a strong track record in developing great leaders; they have trained over 750 leaders through the ‘Leading Impact programme, supporting them to become more effective senior leaders.
Eighty percent of these trainees who have been promoted since starting the programme name Leading Impact as a significant factor in being ready for the promotion.
Ventrus Teaching School Alliance are currently facilitating the NPQSL course with a cohort of 21 candidates who are due to complete in July 2017. Four candidates have already secured Headship positions for September 2017.
What is the NPQSL Future Leaders programme?
- 40+ hours of face-to-face workshops – 7 training days during the year.
- Exceptional facilitators who have delivered impact in challenging schools
- Small group sizes
- 360˚ feedback report to identify areas for development
- In-school impact initiative project
- National College-accredited NPQSL qualification on successful assessment
What are the elements of the course?
- Quality face-to- face training: Leadership Development through 40 hours of quality face to face training delivered by experts. This will be organised as 7 full days of workshops spread across the year and will provide specific leadership tools for use in challenging schools which can be applied immediately in the classroom and staffroom. Training will be held in Tiverton. All NPQSL programmes have a requirement to deliver an ‘impact project’ in school and this is the vehicle for development across the course modules. Topics include leadership and change; teaching and Learning; Data analysis and interventions; leading people; and planning for the future.
- Access to the support and expertise of the 500 strong network of school leaders. The course content is informed by the proven expertise of Heads in challenging schools and has a focus on eradicating educational disadvantage. As a Leading Impact trainee you will gain Associate Future Leader status which gives you access to a network of school leaders nationally via regular events and an online portal.
- Gain a National College-accredited qualification.This is a National College accredited course and all successful trainees will gain a National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership. Access to all training materials necessary will be provided for support you through the process, while focusing learning in closing the attainment gap.
Who is it for?
The course is for senior leaders who are not seeking headship yet, or aspiring middle leaders with whole school responsibilities.
How can I apply?
Please check back soon for information on applying. If you would like to register your interest for 2018/19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.